Sunday 24 May 2015

Wraptastic


This one was originally going to use the same construction as NoCoBo and Supersymmetry, but I soon realised that wouldn't work.

So I tried a triangle shape:



I quite liked that so started another one - only this time I forgot to weigh the yarn before starting and ended up miscalculating and fudging the shape:

 
But it turned out to be a happy accident because I realised I liked the rounded shape better than the triangle and decided to try to explore that a bit more and then made this one - which I really liked and which is the shape I used for the pattern - it still has all the advantages of  no-cast on and no bind-off:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Just joined your site and I am trying to figure out how to contact you. I am working on your pattern unbiased serendipity. I am on the first row where you decrease on the 9th and 10th stitch. In parenthesis you have the number (54) but when I cast on 60 stitches, knit un then decrease 2 it leaves me with 58 stitches. Not sure if I am supposed to be at 58 or 54 and I can't figure out how you get to 54. Please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete